Cherry Cola Short Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds short ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 carrots, chopped and diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 8-ounce can of Cherry Cola
- ½ cup of beef broth, Better than Bouillon preferred
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Bragg’s amino acids
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water, to mix with the cornstarch for a slurry
Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a deep skillet and sear stove-top in oil on high heat. Sear all sides until a nice crust forms. Remove the short ribs and add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery to the skillet. Sauté the vegetables until the onions are translucent. Pour in the cherry cola to deglaze and add the rest of the ingredients. Continue to heat.
Add the Ribs back into the pan. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and place into the oven at 275°F for 4 hours to braise. Remove from the oven and transfer the ribs to a plate.
Add the cornstarch slurry to the skillet and stir over medium heat until thickened. Serve the ribs atop buttery mashed potatoes and add a heaping spoonful of the veggies and sauce. Then indulge.