Stunning Honey Butter Carrot Recipe
- 1 pound full size carrots, ideally multi-colored carrots with the greens still attached (the greens are for garnish)
- ½ stick salted butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Ancho chili powder, optional
- Remove the greens from the carrots by cutting them about 1-2 inches above the top of the carrot
- Peel the carrots
- If the carrots are fat length wise, slice them in half. If the carrots are small, cook them whole
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C
While oven is preheating, prepare the honey butter.
- Melt the butter and add the honey
- Stir until well mixed
- A a pinch of ancho to bring the flavors to a head. The chili powder adds flavor and is not spicy, but you can omit this step if preffered.
Toss the carrots well with the olive oil and place them on a sheet pan arranged in a single layer. Baste the carrots with the honey butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in the oven at 425F/220C for 20 minutes. Continue to baste again halfway through cooking. Then pour the remaining honey butter over the carrots in a serving plate.